Roark's Sporks
A collaborative Photoblog by different people of different races in different places with different graces... tying shoelaces.

First published photo

Tags: ,

Looking up at Autumn, originally uploaded by Sporking Roark.

I received a pleasant email notifying me that my photo on schmap.com was now available on their iphone service.

I had totally forgotten about this photo and the fact that it had been published. They must have stumbled upon the photo while scouring flickr for photos of the Alexandra gardens.

Its a pretty old photo, taken before I even owned a camera. I had borrowed my house-mate's camera for the day, a really basic point and shoot. This photo still makes me smile, though I do somewhat cringe at the heavy sharpening and dodgy jpeg coding and tiny image resolution. Nuri and I were lying in the grass, stomach full of picnic goodies, looking up and the birds flying through the trees on this crisp autumn afternoon. Such a great moment, all the worries of what was to come in our lives, the impossible situations we both faced, all dissolved away to the sound of wind through the autumn leaves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Like this photo?

feedburner

Subscribe for Email Updates too

Photos about...

You may like this


Thoughts

© All rights reserved.
See specific image host (eg flickr.com) for any applicable Creative Commons licensing details.

Blogs We Like