Roark's Sporks
A collaborative Photoblog by different people of different races in different places with different graces... tying shoelaces.

The Sulk


The Sulk, originally uploaded by sodiumswirls.

She asked for the lunchboxes in my hand as I got off the bus. I tried in vain to tell her they were empty. She asked to be bought food. I tried to buy her some fruit - again, in vain because the fruitseller was trying to cheat me.
Behind her are trays of fruit and notably, fried insects. I suppose I'd be sulky, too.

Somewhere between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh, Cambodia

2 comments:

I'd be a total sucker for begging kids. Well I would be, had I not watched Slumdog Millionaire. *shudder*
Did you try the insects?
I hear they taste like crisps.


Yea, I was a sucker. And apparently those kids can tell because I was just mobbed everywhere I went.
I've tried insects before but wasn't very keen on getting some here because a) they tried to cheat me and b) the roadside stalls looked unhygienic... who knows how long those guys have been sitting on those trays?


Post a Comment

Like this photo?

feedburner

Subscribe for Email Updates too

Photos about...

You may like this


Thoughts

© All rights reserved.
See specific image host (eg flickr.com) for any applicable Creative Commons licensing details.

Blogs We Like